Wednesday 18 April 2018

Gaby’s Cucumber Salad

Cookie and Kate
Gaby’s Cucumber Salad

best cucumber salad recipe

Let’s clear up a few things about this cucumber salad. First of all, it’s Gaby’s Mom’s recipe. Second, it’s the most delicious cucumber salad I’ve ever met. Combined, crisp cucumber, creamy avocado and the most basic balsamic dressing create one stellar cucumber salad.

This recipe comes from Gaby Dalkin’s new cookbook, What’s Gaby Cooking: Everyday California Recipes. Perhaps you know Gaby’s blog, which has the same name. I’m always admiring Gaby’s simple, colorful, fresh-from-the-farmers’-market recipes.

Here’s what Gaby says about this salad: “My mom made this salad just about every night when I was growing up. It was so yummy that I’d eat half the bowl before we even sat down for dinner, even though I’d get yelled at for not saving any for my dad and sister… Now it’s my go-to side salad, and my husband eats half of it before we sit down for dinner.”

What's Gaby Cooking cookbook

Here’s what I have to say about this salad: I’ve demolished this cucumber salad all on my own in one sitting. I want to plant Persian cucumbers in my garden so I can eat cucumber salad all summer long. I’d grow an avocado tree if I could—well, I’d grow an avocado tree for many reasons. Anyway, it’s that good.

I got so excited about this salad that I made a couple more of her simple side dishes from her book the other night, her charred sugar snap peas and Omi’s haricots verts salad. They were both so easy and so tasty.

Continue to the recipe...

The post Gaby’s Cucumber Salad appeared first on Cookie and Kate.

Ambitious Kitchen
8 Homemade Healthy Salad Dressings that Literally Take 5 Minutes to Make

Say hello to 8 homemade healthy salad dressings that are quick and easy to make. Perfect for topping salads, dipping sweet potato fries in or drizzling on pizza or tacos. You’re going to love these homemade dressing recipes made with ingredients you can actually pronounce. HELLO my lovely readers. I hope you’ve had a great [...]

The post 8 Homemade Healthy Salad Dressings that Literally Take 5 Minutes to Make appeared first on Ambitious Kitchen.