Wednesday 21 August 2019

Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce

fresh spring rolls recipe

My now-husband asked me out for spring rolls and beer for our first date. I vividly remember walking into the nearby Thai restaurant to meet him. Our waitress had to come back three times to get our order, since we could not be bothered to look at the menu.

We were too busy connecting over our love for our dogs (we each have one), coming from families of three kids (I’m the oldest; he’s the youngest), our shared love of food and travel, a million other little things…

He finally ordered us a double batch of his favorite spring rolls. I was too nervous and full from a day of recipe testing to eat much. The waitress kicked us out because the restaurant was closing. I came home and danced around in the living room with Cookie. He asked me out again.

spring roll ingredients

A couple of months later, I confessed that I didn’t share his level of appreciation for the spring rolls. Too much noodles, not enough veggies. The carrots taste like chlorine. The peanut sauce could be more bold. He dared me to come up with something better, and I finally have.

These are the fresh, veggie-packed spring rolls I want to order at Thai and Vietnamese restaurants. I can’t say they’re 100 percent authentic, but they’re pretty close.

Of course, I came up with an irresistible peanut dipping sauce to go with them. Invite some friends over and make it a spring roll party! Ready for the recipe?

Continue to the recipe...

The post Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce appeared first on Cookie and Kate.



* This article was originally published here