Sunday 30 December 2018

My Top 10 Recipes of 2018

Cookie and Kate
My Top 10 Recipes of 2018

Kate's top 10 recipes of 2018

Can you believe it? This year has passed by in the blink of an eye. I always love looking back at the year in recipes, since each one stirs memories of the circumstances surrounding it. I work so hard on my recipes that it’s quite difficult to pick favorites, but I’m perhaps most proud of these ten recipes. I’ll be back tomorrow with your favorite recipes.

This year, I tried to fill in the recipe gaps on the blog, developing Cookie and Kate-level recipes for basics like hummus, marinara, almond butter and red salsa. I had a lot of fun researching, testing and tweaking those recipes until they were just right.

I’m warning you, though: Those recipes will probably ruin the store-bought varieties for you (they certainly have for me). The good news is that they’re each simple to make and 100% percent worth the effort.

In 2018, I’m planning to create more creative weeknight dinners, giant salads (my favorite), and naturally sweetened treats. I’d also like to share approachable versions of the delicious recipes I’ve discovered on my travels. Please leave a comment and tell me what kinds of recipes you’d like to see! I am all ears, as always.

vegetarian bean tacos recipe

1) Epic Vegetarian Tacos

Gluten free and easily vegan

These vegetarian tacos are truly epic! Every great taco possesses the following qualities: something hearty (beans), something creamy (avocado), something crisp (shredded cabbage), something tangy (pickled onions and feta), and lots of fresh flavors. These tacos have those qualities in spades.

Continue to the recipe...

The post My Top 10 Recipes of 2018 appeared first on Cookie and Kate.

Ambitious Kitchen
31 Delicious, Healthy Recipes to Make in January

31 delicious, healthy recipes to make in January! From make-ahead breakfast and lunches to lightened-up desserts, these incredible recipes are the perfect way to meal prep using seasonal ingredients. The new year is just two days away and I’m feeling all of those end-of-year vibes. While this time of year can be a little chaotic, [...]

The post 31 Delicious, Healthy Recipes to Make in January appeared first on Ambitious Kitchen.

Minimalist Baker
Lemon Ginger Turmeric Wellness Shots
Lemon Ginger Turmeric Wellness Shots

When considering what type of beverage to share for New Year’s Eve celebrations this year, my mind initially went to mocktails. They’re fruity and booze-free—what’s not to love? Well, if I’m honest, I’m not a huge mocktail fan.

Then I thought, “What would be something I’d actually be excited to drink if walking into a NYE party?” Answer: Healthy shots. Call me a grandma, I don’t care.

Lemon Ginger Turmeric Wellness Shots from Minimalist Baker →