Friday 15 February 2019

Baked Ziti with Roasted Vegetables

Cookie and Kate
Baked Ziti with Roasted Vegetables
Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:19:21 +0000

vegetable baked ziti recipe

Here she is, the lightened-up baked ziti of my dreams. This baked ziti has all of lasagna’s saucy, mozzarella-topped appeal, but is easier to pull off on a regular weeknight. Amen.

When I dreamed up this recipe, I wanted to replace a lot of the pasta with roasted vegetables. In the end, I was able to displace half of the ziti (8 ounces) with two pounds (!) of vegetables.

vegetable preparation

I chose cauliflower, which develops the most irresistible golden edges as it roasts, red bell pepper and yellow onion. I love this combination, but you could easily use your favorite vegetables here.

It took me a while to find the perfect ratio of mozzarella, marinara, and ricotta (I actually used cottage cheese, more on that in a bit). I believe I’ve hit the nail on the head with the final recipe, and can’t wait to hear how it turns out for you.

Continue to the recipe...

The post Baked Ziti with Roasted Vegetables appeared first on Cookie and Kate.