Thursday 24 May 2018

The Best Hummus.

Cookie and Kate
The Best Hummus.

best hummus recipe

Confession: I took the fancy flavorings out of my hummus recipes to make plain hummus, and it wasn’t the best. It was dense, a little gritty, and harshly garlicky.

Truly great hummus, in its most basic form, is lusciously creamy yet somehow light and fluffy. It’s beautifully smooth and swirled, and begging to be scooped up onto a wedge of pita bread. It’s nutty and tangy from the tahini, with notes of bright, fresh lemon and mellow garlic.

hummus ingredients

I encountered the best hummus of my life at Aladdin Cafe. It met all of the above characteristics, and I was hoping the owner might enlighten me. When I asked, though, he replied, “It’s a secret,” with a sly smile and walked away.

I went home determined to learn the secrets to making epic hummus. I opened up my laptop and twenty new tabs, like I do. Ten hummus attempts later, I’m ready to share all of my best hummus tips!

Continue to the recipe...

The post The Best Hummus. appeared first on Cookie and Kate.

Ambitious Kitchen
Avocado Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette

20 minute vegetarian avocado tomato chickpea pasta salad with mediterranean flavors and a bold lemon basil dressing. Refreshing and perfect for parties or meal prep! Today’s recipe is all about ZE PASTA. Don’t be afraid of the noodle people; we’re way past those days. In fact, I’m starting to think that pasta is making a [...]

The post Avocado Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette appeared first on Ambitious Kitchen.